I am currently working as a Member of Technical Staff at Nokia Bell Labs in Cambridge, the United Kingdom from March 2017. Before joining Nokia Bell Labs, I was a postdoc researcher in the School of Computing at KAIST from March 2016 to December 2016. In February 2016, I received a Ph.D. from KAIST under the supervision of Junehwa Song. My research interests include mobile and ubiquitous computing systems, mobile sensing and context monitoring, Internet of Things (IoT), social and culture computing, embedded systems, and cyber-physical systems. I enjoy building real, working systems and applications and like to collaborate with other domain experts for interdisciplinary research.
- Mar. 2017: I join Nokia Bell Labs Cambridge as a Member of Technical Staff!
- Dec. 2016: I am serving on the program committees of IEEE MDM 2017.
- Nov. 2016: I am serving as the local arrangement chair for IEEE MDM 2017!
- Sep. 2016: Our paper entitled “Zaturi: We Put Together the 25th Hour for You. Create a Book for Your Baby” has been accepted to ACM CSCW 2017 (the ACM Conference on Computer-supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing).
- Jun. 2016: Our paper entitled “PADA: Power-aware Development Assistant for Mobile Sensing Applications” has been accepted to ACM UbiComp 2016 (the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing).
- Feb. 2016: I’ve won the Outstanding Ph.D. Thesis Award in School of Computing at KAIST!
- Jul. 2015: Our paper entitled “PowerForecaster: Predicting Smartphone Power Impact of Continuous Sensing Applications at Pre-installation Time” has been accepted to ACM SenSys 2015 (the 13th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems).
- May 2015: Our paper entitled “Exploring Current Practices for Battery Use and Management of Smartwatches” has been accepted to ISWC 2015 (the 19th International Symposium on Wearable Computers).
- May 2015: Our paper entitled “Sandra Helps You Learn: the More You Walk, the More Battery Your Phone Drains” has been accepted to UbiComp 2015 (the 2015 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing).
- Feb. 2015: I am serving on the program committees of MobiSys 2015 PhD Forum.
- Oct. 2014: I am serving on the organizers of Embarrassing Interactions 2015.
- Feb. 2014: We’ve won the Best Paper Award at ACM CSCW 2014!
Broers Building, 21 J J Thomson Avenue, Cambridge, CB3 0FA, UK
- E-mail: chulhong.min at nokia.com
- Tel: +44 87-09-033-600